Last Updated: February 2021
Roller Derby Athletics is committed to protecting the personal identifiable information that you share with us online. Generally, you can browse our website, www.rollerderbyathletics.com (this “Site”), without sharing any personal information. However, should you wish to retain access (download) our periodical, proprietary and confidential resources (the “Resources”), subscribe to our newsletter, submit a form, make a purchase, or participate in coaching or training programs, you will be required to voluntarily submit personal information. We may also collect information on how you use this Site, such as resources browsed, searched and downloaded; the frequency and duration of visits, and your source Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors; in other words, we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
Please read the following statement to understand how we collect, use, maintain, and disclose your personal information.
When Personal Information is Required
What Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information
This is information that may be used to identify you as an individual, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address, or telephone number. We may collect this information in a number of ways on this Site, including, but not limited to, the on-line Contact form, the newsletter subscription form, the comments area of any post on the site, sign-up forms to request information or services, and email messages to any rollerderbyathletics.com email address.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
This is information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We may collect this information in a number of ways on this Site, including, but not limited to, how you use this Site, such as resources browsed, searched and downloaded, the frequency and duration of visits, and your source IP address. The legal basis for this processing are the legitimate business interests of marketing optimization and targeting.
A cookie is a data file that certain Web sites write to your computer’s hard drive when you visit such sites. A cookie file can contain information, such as a user identification code, that the site uses to track the pages you have visited, but the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. A cookie can’t read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. We may collect information from your web sessions by using cookies, to determine, for example, user traffic patterns, and the effectiveness of our navigational structure.
Most Web site browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to display a warning before accepting a cookie, or to refuse all cookies. You don’t need to have cookies turned on to use/navigate through many parts of this Site, however, you may have to accept the receipt of cookies to access some Resources on this Site.
How We Use Your Information
If you choose to provide Roller Derby Athletics with your personal information, where appropriate, Roller Derby Athletics or subsidiary, representative, sales or affiliated sales channel representative, may use this information:
- To process transactions, and/or send you information and updates pertaining to your order, account or billing matters.
- To administer and deliver the content you have requested or purchased, including by creating a profile on our mobile training app, on your behalf, using the information you have provided to us.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, sales, marketing, and administrative information.
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To personalize web content where applicable.
- To contact you when we have major functional changes to this Site, when we have added access privileges to your account, or when you initiate a task on this Site, such as find a password.
We may disclose information about our users when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required by law.
Sharing Your Information
In cases where we need to disclose web usage reports to non-Roller Derby Athletics subsidiaries or affiliates, your personal information will remain anonymous.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Maintaining Your Information
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
We will cease all communication and use of personal identifiable information upon your request. Your privileges for access to the Resources on this Site may then be suspended.
Protecting your Information
We take information security issues seriously. Consequently, any personal identifiable information is stored and protected on servers with adequate security measures.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private financial information (credit cards, etc.) will not be stored on our servers and is not accessible by us.
In this section we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some rights are complex and not all details are present in our summaries. We encourage you to read relevant guidelines from the regulatory authorities for a more thorough explanation of your rights.
First and foremost, data subjects have the right to confirm if controllers in fact process their personal data. Should the answer be yes, subjects may then request the following:
- A copy of the personal data undergoing processing
- Purpose of processing
- In particular, if automated decision-making or profiling takes place, and if so, the logic involved, significance and likely consequences of such processing
- Categories of data processed (e.g., name, address, online browsing behavior)
- Any third party recipients of this personal data, both backward or forward looking, especially recipients in third countries (i.e. countries outside of the EU)
- What safeguards are in place to protect the data being transferred
- Any third party sources of data subject’s personal data (i.e. not collected from the data subject directly, for instance by purchasing said data from another source that previously collected the data directly)
- How long such personal data would be stored, or if that’s not determinable, how the length of this period would be determined
- The existence of the rights to:
- Restriction of processing
- Objection to processing
- Complain to a supervisory authority
Links To Other Sites
This Site contains links to other Web sites. Please be aware that Roller Derby Athletics is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware that when they leave this Site to read the privacy policies of each and every Web site that collects personal identifiable information.
Our Contact Details
This website is owned and operated by Roller Derby Athletics.
Our principal place of business is at PO Box 460693 Papillion, NE 68046
You can contact us:
(a) by post, to the postal address given above;
(b) using our website contact form;
Changes To This Statement
If you are interested in learning more please contact us.